- We Segway to the summit of Takarunga/Mt. Victoria, the highest volcanic cone on Auckland’s North Shore where the views back to Auckland city and the Hauraki Gulf are spectacular.
And we make sure you have the opportunity for some ‘free riding’ time to really enjoy the awesome sensation of the Segway Ride
You’ll learn the ‘Secrets’ of the Mountain and the ‘Iconic Mushrooms’
You’ll have FUN getting the perfect ‘Air Shot’
If you’re keen to take the jump !
And there’s plenty more photo opportunities as you explore the
“Disappearing Gun“. It was installed in the 1880’s to guard Auckland against the perceived Russian invasion.
This Guided Tour takes 1½ hours $120.00 per person
- Scheduled Times:
- Summer (Nov – April) 9.30am 12.30 and 3.30pm daily
- Winter (May – Oct) 10.00am and 1.30pm Daily
- Or by Appointment – Call 027 3393 15
- suitable for those 13 years and over
- Maximum of 6 people per tour.
- Book and Pay on our Real Time Booking System
- Call on +64(0) 9 4454 035
- Text to +64 (0) 27 3393 155
Any queries ? email on the General Enquiry form
If you’re coming to Devonport from the city:
- take the 12 minute ferry ride from the downtown terminal.
- When you arrive you’ll find us in the Ferry Terminal Building.
Ferries run every ½ hour, there’s no need to book.
Takarunga/ Mt. Victoria at 87 mtrs. high looks out over the Naval Base and the Waitemata Harbour to THE BEST views of Auckland City and the Hauraki Gulf making it one of THE things to do in Auckland.
You also have a magnificent view of the main shipping channel from the summit of Takarunga/Mt. Victoria The old Signal Station at the summit was built in 1954. Radar was installed in 1970 then in June 2000 the station became fully automated and now guides ships into the harbour from the Ports of Auckland Container Terminal also visible from the summit.
Bunkers from as early as the 1870’s can be found at the summit. One in particular is now the home of the “Devonport Folk Music Club” (The Bunker) where you can enjoy the ambiance of a roaring open fire in the winter and fabulous views as you assemble outside to imbibe in a cuppa or a beer at interval on a clear stary night.